Must have PhD
Must have NLP experience, ideally in text
Must have 3+ years industry experience post PHD
No sponsorship being offered
Onsite, Permanent role in lower Manhattan
sailteam.io has been engaged to place a Data Scientist at an InsurTech startup based in the financial district of NYC. We are seeking candidates with the following experience:
- Ph.D. in a scientific discipline (e.g., Applied Statistics/Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Physics).
- 3+ years industry experience post PHD
- Scientific expertise and applied experience in Machine Learning.
- Foundational knowledge of Natural Language Processing.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical theories, methodologies, and inference tools (e.g., Bayesian inference, hierarchical models, deep learning, Gaussian processes, and causal inference).
- Advanced programming skills in Python and/or R (and their related data processing, Machine Learning, and visualization libraries).
- Practical experience in preparing data for Machine Learning.
- The ability to work independently, anticipate problems, and forge a path into uncharted territory.
- Excellent (written and oral) communication skills.
What you will do:
- Provide innovative solutions for business problems developed using rigorous scientific approaches.
- Use data (including third party data) to fuel automation and decisions within our company.
- Develop and employ AI algorithms that can find (predictive) patterns in large multi-modal data.
- Work in highly cross-functional and collaborative teams together with developers, designers, analysts, underwriters and claims adjusters.
- Take ownership of development and implementation of ideas and solutions.