VP of eCommerce
Hard Goods Lifestyle Consumer Product Company within their eCommerce Sales Division
Orlando, FL (Onsite Permanent Role)
No sponsorship now or in the future
- Develop and execute a business strategy that optimizes ecommerce sales and profit across product categories through increased site traffic and conversion.
- Manage product launches, and implement strategies to boost, and maintain product rankings within Corkcicle.com domestically and internationally and other selling platforms.
- Ensure online marketplaces are maintained in an organized and logical manner that is consistent with the department merchandising plans and brand strategy
- Develop, negotiate and execute digital advertising plans working cross-functionally with pricing, promotions and marketing department
- Make recommendations for changes to product listings based on market trends, opportunities, promotions and competitor listings
- Manage and direct team to improve listing conversion rate, sales, impressions, average order value, CTR, etc
- Actively monitor all marketplaces daily for accuracy.
- Assist in online website content management; including product enhancement, photographs, and up-to-date product information
- Plan and execute digital promotional strategies to ensure increased sales, profitability and competitiveness in the market
- Monitor costs and pricing integrity to ensure appropriate margins are maintained; monitor price consistency among vendors and the accomplishment of profitability marketing campaigns
- Analyze market trends/sales and recommend changes to marketing and advertising strategies based on analysis and feedback through analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Create and maintain relevant reports and KPIs that detail the effectiveness and business impact from digital merchandising activities to understand customer behavior on the sales platforms
- Owns the scheduling, coordination, and execution of all online publishing events for the website and related eCommerce marketing and merchandising campaigns and associated content.
- Executes full lifecycle project management on eCommerce customer projects, including analysis and documentation of business requirements, functional and technical specifications, scoping, scheduling, functional team handoffs and strategic planning.
- Drives best practices for eCommerce opportunities, processes and tools through continuous learning, keeping abreast of eCommerce trends and innovation.
- Develop strategy for paid and natural search, electronic direct marketing and affiliate marketing.
- Collaborate with inventory team to develop a sales & inventory plan that optimizes channel growth and profitability
- Lead and develop a team of direct reports
- Oversee implementation of international expansion of website to support growing global audience
- Oversee implementation of ‘text’ marketing platform and buying channel
- Oversee relationships with vendors and agencies partners related to eCommerce (Hosting providers, SEO, Media Buying agency, etc) and when necessary bid these services through an RFP process and/or renegotiate contracts and terms.
- Strategic Capability - Think strategically, conceptually and creatively -have a vision.
- Global and Broad Mindset – Need to be able to think wholistically about the brand and creating results without brand dilution as well as how various decisions allow us to continue to have global growth.
- Effective Communication - Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills..
- Organizational Savvy - Able to leverage the understanding company culture, political climate and knowledge of business priorities to drive to results. Through relationships at multiple levels, be able to influence and collaborate to achieve positive outcome.
- Leading Teams - Develop and motivates the team through a demonstrated presence of purpose, excitement and inclusion in corporate vision and strategies. Align individual goals to business objectives and holds individuals accountable for achieving results
- Proven track record in building and managing business P/L
- 6+ years experience in merchandising and eCommerce with specialty retail or premium brands
- Proven track record to lead and collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to build a quality and appealing aesthetic for the brand site and its merchandise
- The position requires an entrepreneurial mix of visionary strategy development, exceptional business acumen, and the ability to lead a team and influence business partners.
- Understanding and experience in merchandising operations in an ecommerce environment, ideally with experience from a fast growth eCommerce driven brand.
- Must be able to work effectively to manage a team at various levels of the organization.
- Experience with IT Strategy development and business planning.