Director of Retail Marketing
Hard Goods Lifestyle Consumer Product Company within the marketing department
Orlando, FL (Onsite Permanent Role)
No sponsorship now or in the future
Director of Retail Marketing
The Director of Retail Marketing will oversee the development and execution of all marketing
activities with our retail customers including merchandising plans, trade show activations,
promotions, retailer advertising and communication strategy/execution. They will establish
strategic retail marketing plans and programs to maximize retailer sales growth and brand
recognition. They will work closely and collaboratively across all Client teams to ensure
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Develop channel specific marketing initiatives including retailer specific programs, as
- well as online initiatives for retailers in order to drive incremental sales through retail
- Act as the primary support arm to the Sales team and assist them in strategizing and
- growing the markets they support.
- Manage execution of all global trade shows from registration, to booth planning, build,
- product merchandising and in-show promotions.
- Develop, plan and execute retail communications and direct-to-store marketing initiatives.
- Strategize around pricing and promotions while adhering to the global pricing structure.
- Plan, forecast and manage all non-saleable programs (fixtures, etc).
- Develop and manage calendar to execute retail communications and promotions
- through email for both sales reps and retailers.
- In collaboration with Sales, establish retail growth strategies through retail marketing
- programs and campaigns using innovative concepts such as co-op dollars, etc.
- Create innovative ideas to push the brand as an innovative leader in merchandising and
- fixturing in such a way to be considering on the front lines of marketing technology.
- Attend Sales meetings alongside sales teams in key account to negotiate marketing and
- brand placement opportunities as part of sales placement into stores.
- Establish rules and structure for new accounts and merchandising standards, minimums,
- and qualifications for ideal fixturing.
- Develop visual merchandising brand guide for retail partners to use as a tool for ideal
- Consult with Product Team on packaging and other in store impact opportunities
- Reports to the Chief Marketing and Product Officer. May have up 2 direct reports.
- The essential functions and responsibilities listed above may change at any time with or
- without notice and is not intended to be a comprehensive list.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience in with consumer products brand sold in
- a large number of retail partners, ideally globally.
- A strong understanding of market dynamics and local buying preferences by region.
- Prior Merchandising and Trade Show experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a professional demeanor, thought leadership, and
- Outstanding project management, analytical and organization skills to support driving
- objectives and projects internally.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize, negotiate and juggle changing deadlines.
- Proven success collaborating with multiple departments while maintaining tact and
- diplomacy that lead to successful results for marketing priorities.
- Strong aptitude for numbers with ability to understand complex business and product
- Must be proficient with ability to develop his/her own spreadsheets, databases, general
- correspondence and oral/visual presentations. Advanced MS Excel skills is required.
- Proficient in CRM tools.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a positive attitude and the desire to work on a fun and
- creative team.
- Ability to work within the core hours of 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday,
- with occasional needs to accommodate a flexible schedule outside of core hours /