Desktop Support Analyst
Winter Park, FL
Full Time Permanent Role
Client: Hedge Fund
- Work collaboratively across Business, IT Operations, IT Applications teams to quickly resolve desktop issues, set up and maintain desktop configurations and fine tuning, and keep desktops current with the latest patches and updates.
- Responsibility for resolution of incidents assigned via the Incident Management System by monitoring the ticketing queue to prioritize, allocate, and ensure timely resolution of tickets
- Interface directly with and interview partner teams to define application purpose, hardware/application dependencies, support standards, including testing strategy, response requirements, and escalation points.
- Follow best practices for desktop support with a focus on continuous improvement
- Performs hardware & software installs, desk moves, adds and changes as required.
- Apply trouble shooting and problem-solving skills to guide and assist the user community on issues related to design, development and deployment of desktop hardware, and desktop applications.
- Collaborate with application project teams by participating in project UAT testing for desktop dependencies
- Work with IT Leadership for continuous improvement of customer satisfaction
- Virtual Desktop Administration
- Windows Desktop Administration (Win7/10)
- Strong customer service and orientation in execution
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
- Work with the Service Desk, Application Support, and infrastructure teams as needed for overall incident management
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Excellent verbal, written and relationship skills used to interact with a global group of technical and non-technical people.
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to details.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under stress.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to manage time effectively and set priorities appropriately in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment.
- Must be able to lift, squat, bend, twist in the installation of various desktop equipment up to 50lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- High School graduate required
- Associate’s Degree Preferred
- Specific certifications i.e., A+, Network+, HP, Dell, Microsoft, and others as required
- Experience working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- 2+ years of related experience in Desktop Support.
- Experience in Financial Services Industry a plus
- O365 Product Suite
- Microsoft SCCM
- Foundational experience with enterprise directory and directory integration services (AD, LDAP, ADFS, PKI)
- General knowledge of infrastructure security, including Windows, Unix/Linux, desktop and mobile
- ITIL Processes and Procedures
President @ sailteam.io