**US Citizen and Green Card Holders Only**
sailteam.io has been engaged to place a Workers Compensation Resolution Lead at one of the biggest InsurTech companies in the US based in NYC. They focus on commercial insurance for the middle market sector. They are owned and backed by a Fortune 100 insurance company.
This role is full time permanent based in their office in lower Manhattan.
We know this opportunity and environment won’t be right for everybody. But we’d love to hear from you if you:
As Client’s Workers Compensation Resolution Lead, here are some of the things you will do:
- 7+ years of Workers Compensation claims handling experience including negotiations, interpretations of policies, and making coverage decisions of high exposure claims.
- Claims Litigation Management knowledge and experience.
- Have a successful track record in technical claims handling with a strong customer focus toward early resolution.
- Able to present technical information in a clear, confident & concise manner to diverse audiences; including non-technical team members.
- Have a BA/BS in a relevant field.
- Able to travel 25% of the time.
- Experience in additional lines of business, such as General Liability, Auto or Property damage is preferred*
All candidates must be submitted with answers to the following questions:
- Help create Client’s initial claim customer experience using a new, highly efficient, mobile claim platform.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing a company’s workers’ compensation program through our third-party administrator.
- Work closely with the Chief Claim Officer to provide expert technical knowledge in the industry vertical for workers compensation account.
- Work with our policyholders to negotiate & resolve middle market claims using state of the art technology to improve the customer experience.
- Provide feedback on risk exposures and legal impact to Client’s industry and line of business experts to refine our value proposition.
1. How many states are you licensed in as a Workers Comp adjuster?
2. How many total years do you have handling Workers Compensation claims?
3. What were the work-related disability claims you handled? (total, temporary partial, permanent total, or permanent partial)? Or did you handle all?
3. What is your average claim caseload?
4. How do you manage the administrative tasks that come along with handling Workers Comp claims? (Diary, notifications, etc?)
5. Do you have experience in overseeing WC litigated claims?
6. What other lines of business have you handled GL/ First Party Property?
7. Are you able to handle other lines of business in the interim while we build our Worker Comp line of business?
6. Do you have the ability to travel 25% of the time (2 to 3 times per quarter) for mediations/ trials?
8. Do you currently have settlement authority? If so, what is your authority level?
9. Do you have experience working with TPAs? If so, please describe your role with TPA oversight.